Masterclass by Cuban Pianist, Dayramir Gonzalez

The UT Jazz Department is excited to host Cuban pianist, Dayramir Gonzalez on October 14-17 who will be providing masterclasses, lessons, and sharing cultural wisdom on the music of Cuba! Some things that Dayramir will be talking about will include composition and motives development, modal harmony in improvisation, pentatonic shifting, triad lines, reharmonization of melody, the piano solo world in performance, and stage approach.

Dayramir’s latest album “The Grand Concourse” was an “Editor’s pick” and earned a spot on JazzTimes’ “Top 40 albums of 2018.” Additionally, it received a 4.5 star rating in Downbeat and an amazing review in The Wall Street Journal! Dayramir says:

“I told my wife when I decided to make this album that I have so much inside to offer as a pianist and composer, I want everyone to hear it,” he says. “It was a real group effort, paring 23 songs down to the ones I decided to record, and then gathering friends and fellow musicians and a choir and the orchestral talent and all the other elements to become part of my vision. I’m humbled and thankful that I’ve reached a place in my life where it all can be heard.”

For more information on Dayramir Gonzalez please visit his website here.